Wednesday, June 22, 2011



mew. i'm back. i do believe i'm one of the most awkward writers on the interwebs.
i never put capitals, i simply refuse it on i as in me. i'm not that important.
And my stories are just like me, without any order, or structure. Undisciplined. i need advice on how to write, (: What i do know how to do, is shoot pictures, and even though my proper pictures are not on here, i can show you my collection of cameras.
i did used to post all my pictures online, but they got stolen, when i was trying to sell them on DA, so i learned from this. (: Around me, more and more people are starting to get into photography, it's really hip apparently. i kind of like this, because it's a wonderfull art, and it's nice that things like art become more common. i do however am kind of disappointed that everybody that wants to get into photography instantly buys an SLR camera, puts it on automatic focus mode, and is done with it. The whole trick to it is even with a crappy camera, still being able to capture amazing things. And trying to play with the settings. My mom got into photography 30 years ago, and i got most of my cameras from her. There's nothing more fun than playing with chemicals or lenses and seeing what happens.
Film is an even greater love probably, because i like how it moves and works so well with music. So here is an introduction to my babies:


My Polaroid Camera. Mieuw, it deserved capitals. Through the impossibleproject.com, Polaroid cartridges are being produced again. Though in limited amounts, it allows me to go back to this wonderfull adventurous form of photography. You take the picture, then hide it for a good 2 minutes in a dark place, like your pocket, and then something astonishing becomes visible. i got this off ebay, for 30 euros, and the pictures cost me about another 20/12 so you need to be kind of serious about it, because it's quite expensive.It's from the old 600-series.


My Sony Camcorder... most of my film is being shot with this digital camera. The Sony DCR HC37E. It does need tape, but that's kind of the charm of it. Images are on digital tape, so i can download them to my computer through a mini firewire cable. (: Easy as pie.



Olympus E400. My digital SLR camera, and the most used one for picturetaking pictures. It needs to be upgraded though, i was thinking about buying a new lense, but i kind of want to go all out, and just buy a new camera. So if anyones interested? The Olympus software is kind of backwards to me, and playing around with it's settings is not half as fun as it should be. i bought this a really long time ago, and i wish i would have read more reviews about it and stuff. It still allowed me to shoot some great pictures. (:



Yellow Minolta35DL. This one is special, over thirty years old, and one of the jewels passed down from mom. This nifty analogue camera can be taken underwater to depths of 35 meter. i'm mad crazy into diving, so i'm deff. bringing this on my next underwater adventure. (:



Oh Glory.




This is my amazing supereight, vintage videocamera. My exboyfriends dad had it lying about and let me have it. It came in a beautiful leather suitcase including batteries, a lense and film. It just costs about 25 EUROS to have 3 minutes of film changed into digital film, so that makes editing virtually impossible. But i don't care, because nothing weighs up to the real vintage warm effect that the supereight gives to any movie.
I still have my analogue SLR camera, a canon, and my tiny always in the bag Fujifilm, which also films in HD. This was elected the best compact camera of the year. i'll edit the post when i take proper pictures of them, untill then, hope you enjoyed, and hope to inspire you to not only look at the fancy new cameras, but let you see how much fun you can have with the old cameras aswell. ill scan some of my developed film ones to prove it (:!


1 comment:

  1. Ahh, i love your collection, especially the last one! Old cameras are the greatest!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete